Fifteen start-ups in unmanned systems and robotics have been selected as semi-finalists at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International’s (AUVSI) XPONENTIAL 2016, taking place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans on May 2-5.
In a closed session on May 3, the semi-finalists will have five minutes to pitch their ideas to a panel of venture capitalist judges, representing Airware, the Commercial Drone Fund, Qualcomm Ventures, the Westbury Group and KPCB.
Three finalists will then be selected to present their ideas at a public session on May 4 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the general session stage. During this time, each start-up will have six minutes to answer questions from the judges. The winner will receive a $15,000 cash prize, as well as one-on-one consulting time with the judges, and will attend AUVSI’s Startup Connection on July 18 in San Francisco.
This year’s semi-finalists include as follows:
- AnsuR BirdEye from Lysaker, Norway;
- ANT-Global Services from Sudbury, Mass.;
- Asylon from Philadelphia;
- BrashTech from Auckland, New Zealand;
- Dronesmith Technologies from Henderson, Nev.;
- Dronomy from Tel Aviv, Israel;
- EXO Technologies from Tel Aviv, Israel;
- GenSmart from Miami, Fla.;
- Harbrick Technologies from Portland, Ore.;
- Luminati Aerospace from Riverhead, N.Y.;
- Skytango from Ireland;
- SmartC2 from Grand Forks, N.D.;
- Stratetek from Minneapolis;
- Vanilla Aircraft from Falls Church, Va.; and
- Viooa Imaging Technology Inc. from Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information about the semi-finalists and their proposals can be found here.