Commercial UAV Expo has announced a call for speakers for its Oct. 5-7 event in Las Vegas.
The conference and exhibition, which will focus on expanding the commercial uses of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) technology, will cover the following topics: surveying and mapping; civil infrastructure; mining; construction; process, power and utilities; precision agriculture; and law enforcement, security and emergency response.
The deadline for abstract submission is March 6. Invited are abstracts that candidly address knowledge gained, lessons learned and challenges remaining in key topic areas including the following:
- Opportunities for UAS to increase efficiency and profitability;
- Regulatory landscape updates;
- Legal, liability and insurance considerations;
- UAS selection considerations and analysis of available platforms and systems;
- Operational considerations, including training and safety;
- Planning for integration with current systems and workflows;
- Data fusion: integrating UAS data with data captured from other sources;
- Managing large data sets: processing, sharing and storing;
- Field-testing UAS: options for where and how; and
- University/industry collaboration: developments and opportunities.
The Commercial UAV Expo advisory board will review each abstract; the final program will be announced in May.
More information on the call for speakers can be found here.