Colorado Springs, Colo.-based P-Squared Group LLC has introduced what it says is a DJI Phantom 2 battery charger that refuels the battery significantly faster and less expensively.
According to the company, the P2 Quadcharger will charge up to four intelligent batteries for the Phantom 2 family of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at the same rate – or faster – than the time it takes to charge just one battery with the standard DJI charger.
Features of the charger, which weighs in at 2.5 lbs., include as follows:
- Capability of charging one, two, three or four DJI smart batteries in an average of one hour;
- Automatic battery monitoring and management ability – input current, input voltage and battery temperature;
- Convenience, including a small, portable carrying/storage case;
- Vehicle charging – available with vehicle charging cable;
- Safety – an auto safety cutoff; and
- A one-year limited warranty.
MSRP for the P2 Quadcharger is currently $279 and includes a DC power supply and a vehicle charging cable. An option to purchase without the power supply is available.