The Small UAV Coalition is hosting an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) press conference and tech fair event, featuring product demonstrations and remarks from prominent supporters in the industry.
Taking place Tuesday Jan. 20 in Washington, D.C., the Small UAV Coalition Tech Fair kicks off what the group says is a crucial year as they advocate for the safe integration of small UAVs in national airspace.
The event – held from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. in the Holeman Lounge at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor – will feature the following speakers:
- Michael Drobac, executive director of the Small UAV Coalition and senior policy advisor at Akin Gump;
- Lucas van Oostrum, chief technology officer of Aerialtronics;
- Jesse Kallman, vice president of business development at Airware;
- Colin Guinn, CRO of 3D Robotics; and
- Dave Vos, Google[x] Project Wing lead.
Members of Congress are expected to speak as well, says the coalition. Those names will be confirmed shortly before the event.
Attendees will learn about the use of small UAVs in America and abroad and will be able to watch live operations. This event is also open to members of the press. RSVPs can be sent to email@example.com.
Board members of the Small UAV Coalition are 3DR, Aerialtronics, Airware, Amazon Prime Air, DJI Innovations, EHang, Google[x] Project Wing, GoPro, Parrot, PrecisionHawk, Sky-Futures and SkyWard.