The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is launching its first-ever National Drone Safety Awareness Week, running Nov. 4-10.
During the weeklong campaign, key sectors of the drone community – local governments, municipalities and recreational flyers – will highlight their work on drones, engage the public in activities related to drones and kick off new safety initiatives, the federal agency says.
Each day of the week will focus on a specific area:
- Monday: Public Safety and Security
- Tuesday: Business – Photography, Real Estate, Insurance
- Wednesday: Business – Infrastructure and Agriculture
- Thursday: Business – Commercial and Medical Package Delivery
- Friday: Education and STEM
- Saturday and Sunday: Recreational Flyers
The FAA has also provided guidance in the form of a stakeholder playbook.
Participants can tag their stories on social media using #DroneWeek and can share their planned events by using the Unmanned Safety Team’s National Drone Safety Week Voluntary Tracking Tool.