Planning for the second Drone World Expo, the organizers of the show have named a number of new advisory board members who will help set the direction of the program for the Nov. 15-16 event.
According to JD Events, producer of the Drone World Expo, the inaugural show in San Jose, Calif., welcomed 2,120 attendees from 29 countries. This year, the event will be held again at the San Jose Convention Center.
The new board members include as follows:
- Mark Bathrick, director at the U.S. Department of the Interior’s office of aviation services;
- Michael Chambliss, technologist at the International Cinematographers Guild/International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 600;
- Brad Cheney, director of technical operations at FOX Sports Media Group;
- Douglas Johnson, vice president of technology policy at the Consumer Technology Association;
- Iain Kerr, CEO of Oceans Alliance;
- Travis G. Mason, public policy at Google[x];
- John L. Petersen, chairman of the Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation; and
- David Wood, pipeline patrol superintendent of compliance programs at Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
JD Events says the conference will feature a show floor, as well as sessions and case studies addressing the new rules being implemented by the Federal Aviation Administration and information for commercial industries using drone technology.
The Drone World Expo is now accepting speaker and session proposals until Friday, March 18.