The organizers of Commercial UAV Expo, taking place Oct. 31-Nov. 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, have announced that this year’s conference will be a platform for more than 15 drone product launches.
Commercial UAV Expo – which has a singular focus on top industry verticals for UAS integration – is expected to draw over 2,000 participants across a broad array of industries. The 2015 event featured more than 1,500 attendees from 49 states and 37 countries. Nine out of 10 attendees were involved in purchasing decisions, and 94% found new products or services, according to the organizers.
In addition, the 2015 expo featured 110 vendor booths from 14 countries. Now, the 2016 show will feature 150 booths on the exhibit floor, and attendance is tracking 50% ahead of last year.
The full education program features technology experts and industry-specific breakout sessions and panels to help those looking to integrate UAS understand drone rules, as well as expand their own programs. It will highlight product previews and include a university pavilion to showcase drone initiatives from research and technical universities around the world.
Keynote speakers will include as follows:
- Chris Anderson, former editor of WIRED magazine and CEO of 3D Robotics, on “The Opportunity is in the Information”;
- Jonathan Downey, Airware’s CEO and Founder, on “Aerial Data and the Enterprise: What’s Possible & What’s on the Horizon”;
- Dr. Robbie Hood, from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, on “Impact of UAVs on Investment in Data Management”;
- Anil Nanduri, Intel’s vice president of new technology, on “UAV Initiatives at Intel”;
- Mark Bathrick, of the U.S. Department of the Interior, on “Four Must-Have Competencies for Commercial UAV Success”; and
- Bob Young, CEO of PrecisionHawk, on “Commercial UAVs: Transitioning into Tomorrow”.
“Velodyne LiDAR has exhibited at nearly a dozen UAV shows over the past three years. While each show has its individual strengths, only Commercial UAV Expo reaches all the top verticals for UAV applications – including mapping, utilities, energy and infrastructure,” says David Oroshnik, director of technical solutions at Velodyne.
Greg McNeal, executive vice president and co-founder of AirMap, adds, “For AirMap, Commercial UAV Expo is the perfect way to share ideas with the people and companies who use our drone airspace management platform – and for our team to learn more about the most important developments in the industry from the best issue experts in the business.”