Global law firm Dentons will be holding a webinar featuring a conversation with Jim Williams, former manager of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) integration office.
Williams recently retired from the FAA position and now serves as co-chair of the UAS team at Dentons' aviation and aerospace practice.
The free webinar will occur Aug. 20 at 1:00-2:30 PM EST.
According to the law firm, Williams will discuss the following topics:
- What is allowed by the proposed small UAS rules?
- When will the final small UAS rules be issued?
- What is next for the FAA in terms of rulemaking for UAS?
- What is needed for beyond visual line of sight flights?
- What is the barrier for night operations?
- Is UAS package delivery possible in the near future?
- What is aircraft certification, and why is it desirable?
Dentons notes that Williams will take additional questions live during the seminar. The public can also submit questions beforehand.
More information can be found here.