PowerUp Toys has officially launched POWERUP FPV, what the company calls the first paper-airplane drone with a live-streaming camera.
POWERUP FPV is powered by Parrot’s streaming technology and is the third product in PowerUp’s core collection (following the POWERUP 3.0).
The complete kit is now available through PowerUp, Amazon and Target for $199.99. FPV’s retail launch follows the success of its 2015 Kickstarter campaign.
“POWERUP FPV lets you experience flight as if you were sitting in the cockpit of your very own handmade paper airplane,” says Shai Goitein, founder and CEO of the company. “Wearing your smartphone with a head-mounted display, you see what your plane sees, controlling your paper drone with the intuitive movements of your head.”
The drone, compatible with both iOS and Android, can travel up to 20 mph fly for 10 minutes per charge. With a gross weight of 2.8 oz (80 g), the POWERUP FPV does not require Federal Aviation Administration registration.
Other features include as follows:
- GamePad and first-person-view control modes (Google Cardboard VR viewer included);
- Over 300 feet of WiFi streaming range;
- Autopilot stabilization for easy flying, especially in windy conditions;
- Video and audio recording and streaming;
- Wide-angle rotating camera, providing front, side and rear camera views; and
- Durable, carbon-fiber, polypropylene frame.