BZ Media LLC, organizer of InterDrone, has announced that the third annual Women in Drones Luncheon is coming to this year’s show, taking place Sept. 6-8 at the Rio in Las Vegas.
Maria Stefanopoulos, an Emmy Award-winning production manager for ABC News’ Good Morning America and a licensed drone pilot, will moderate the panel and luncheon, which is sponsored by Intel.
“I’m thrilled to be back at InterDrone for the second year in a row, and I’m even more excited to moderate a panel with female pioneers who have sprinted headfirst into the drone frontier,” says Stefanopoulos.
Panelists for the 2017 event include as follows:
- Natalie Cheung, unmanned aerial vehicle product manager in the Perceptual Computing Group at Intel Corp.;
- Karen DiMeo, senior technical unmanned aircraft systems advisor at the Office of the Deputy Administrator for the Federal Aviation Administration;
- Suzanne EL-Moursi, president of Uplift Data Partners;
- Melanie Harris, chief engagement officer at AeroVista Innovations; and
- Carmaine Means, Emmy Award-winning television news photojournalist at CBS News in Chicago.
InterDrone pioneered the Women in Drones Luncheon in September 2015. The first luncheon drew 64 women, and the second event nearly tripled in size to 180. InterDrone has partnered with more than a dozen women-in-tech groups to build momentum and add thought leadership for the function, including Women In Technology International, Diversity Communications, EOP Publications (e.g. Woman Engineer Magazine), IEEE Women In Engineering, Women In Wireless, Women Who Code, sheDrones, and Women & Drones.