Gov. Bruce Rauner, R-Ill., has appointed members of the Unmanned Aerial System Oversight Task Force, representing the interests of various stakeholders, local governments and state agencies.
The task force will prepare comprehensive recommendations for the safe and lawful operation of drones in Illinois. A report with recommendations is due to the governor and general assembly by July 1, 2016.
The task force was created when the governor signed S.B.44 earlier this year.
The following have been named to the committee:
- Steve Young, Illinois Department of Transportation – division of aeronautics
- Brian Miller, Illinois State Police
- Eric Rollins, Illinois Conservation Police
- Chuck Cawley, Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Christine Dudley, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Ron Tremain, Insitu Inc.
- Cameron Eugenis, Illinois Attorney General
- Troy Williams, Illinois Conservation Police Lodge
- Scotty Bryant, Illinois Federation for Outdoor Resources
- Doug Yoder, Illinois Farm Bureau
- Tom Collins, Collins Engineers
- Linda Rhodes, ComEd
- Lt. Col Clarence Pulcher, Illinois National Guard
- Alec Laird, Illinois Retail Merchants Association
- Brian Young, Archer Daniels Midland
- Eric Vanasdale, Country Financial
- Chief Frank Kaminski, City of Park Ridge
- Joseph Ciaccio, Illinois Railroad Association