Drone software company DroneDeploy has announced a major expansion across its products, making it a single platform for all drone operations.
The launch includes automated drone fleet management, enhanced workflow integrations, a low-altitude inspection mode and advanced analytic capabilities, the company says.
“Today’s product launch is a reflection of the demand from our customers for a complete enterprise-grade drone operating system,” says Mike Winn, co-founder and CEO of DroneDeploy. “We have customers with fleets of 100-plus drones looking for a single enterprise platform for their entire drone program, and we believe this launch will reshape how they manage their drone operations and data.”
DroneDeploy describes the following new releases:
- Drone Operations Management: Record all flight activity automatically in one platform, providing full visibility of your entire drone program.
- Workflow Integrations: Customers can now sync DroneDeploy with their preferred document storage or project management applications, including Autodesk, Procore, Bluebeam, Plangrid and OneDrive.
- Inspection with Manual Flight: Customers can now fly in manual mode, allowing the flexibility to explore however they wish, including low-altitude inspections and custom photos and videos.
- Drone Academy: DroneDeploy Academy is a comprehensive training program focused on teaching the basics of drone operations while offering insight into the business impact of drones.
- Earthworks: With advanced cut-and-fill capabilities and new 3D analytics, customers can now quantify the amount of earth moved in a matter of hours rather than days, helping to avoid delays and cost overruns.
“With DroneDeploy’s Earthworks capabilities, I have the confidence I am providing my engineers with accurate information in surveying, tracking progress and verifying contractor work,” says Greg Oetker, an inspector at Jones Carter, a civil engineering firm in Texas. “I am able to use a map and model to help visualize the site, which makes planning more efficient and accurate. This new way of surveying has saved us hours of time each time we go out and capture data.”
DroneDeploy says its 5,000 customers have covered more than 90 million acres at over 400,000 job sites in more than 180 countries.