A new event specifically for commercial drone technologies and applications will be taking place later this year in San Jose, Calif.
Drone World Expo, held Nov. 17-18 at the San Jose Convention Center, is produced for the industry, by the industry, working with a board of advisors including the following:
- Gretchen West, vice president of business development and regulatory affairs, DroneDeploy;
- Jesse Kallman, global business development and regulatory affairs, Airware;
- Lisa Ellman, counsel, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP;
- Eric Cheng, director of aerial imaging, DJI;
- John ‘JC’ Coffey, Cherokee Nation Co. supporting NOAA UAS Program Office;
- Matt Parker, director of UAS, Precision Integrated Programs;
- Dave Charlesworth, alliance manager, Chevron Energy Technology Co.;
- Tony Carmean, chief marketing officer and founding partner, Aerial MOB LLC; and
- Robert Blair, farmer, agriculture UAV expert.
The advisory board will help to shape a two-day conference that will feature sessions and case studies addressing data collection and processing, sensors, piloting and safety management, Federal Aviation Administration updates, certification standards, and commercial strategies.
Hosted by JD Events, the conference will also offer informative sessions on the impact drones are having on geographic information systems, big data and the Internet of Things.
“The organizer’s vision of focusing specifically on commercial applications, end user requirements, customer matchmaking and real world business cases is the perfect mix for a successful event,” says DroneDeploy’s West. “Hosting the event in Silicon Valley, which is the heart of technology development for commercial drones, is a great strategy, and I look forward to helping shape the content of this flagship event with the rest of the all-star advisory board.’
McKenna Long & Aldridge’s Ellman adds, “We find ourselves at a significant moment for the UAS community, and at a critical time for UAS policymaking. This event could not come at a better time; 2015 will be a milestone year for setting federal policy that will guide the commercial drone industry for years to come.”
More information on the event can be found here.