The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International's (AUVSI) Unmanned Systems 2015, the largest international conference and trade show for the drone and unmanned technology industry, is almost here. The event will take place May 4-7 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
With more than 8,000 attendees from around the world, the event will include three days of interactive exhibits and demonstrations of air and ground vehicles spread throughout 350,000 square feet of exhibit space. The 200-plus educational sessions, workshops and panel presentations will focus on the future of commercial, humanitarian, environmental, governmental and military applications for robotics and unmanned systems.
AUVSI has highlighted the following sessions/events:
Monday, May 4
- Commercial UAS Operations: Section 333, NPRM and What the Latest Airspace Regulations Mean to You
- Making the Most of Big Data
Tuesday, May 5
- Commercial UAS panel discussion, featuring as follows:
-Colin Guinn, chief revenue officer of 3D Robotics
-Dave Vos, project lead for Google [X]’s Project Wing
-David Vigilante, senior vice president for the legal division of CNN and general counsel for Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
-Helen Greiner, CEO of CyPhy Works and co-founder of iRobot
- Emerging commercial markets workshop – information, opportunities and insights for your business – featuring speakers from the FAA and around the industry.
- AUVSI's Unmanned Shark Tank – investors from different firms across the country to discuss the ‘ins and outs’ of getting new companies and ideas funded. During the session, entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas and receive feedback from the panel.
Wednesday, May 6
- Congressional address by Congressman Frank LoBiondo
- Keynote by Dr. Hugh Herr, an MIT professor and head of biomechatroinics at the MIT Media Lab
- Special Sessions:
-The Coming Impact of UAS on the News Industry
-Emerging Commercial Markets: UAS for the Oil and Gas Industry
-Unmanned Aircraft and Their Use in Processing Crime Scenes
- Special Announcement from AUVSI President and CEO Brian Wynne
- Special Press Event: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will present two major press conferences after the general session.
Thursday, May 7
- Keynote from Dr. Henrik I. Christensen, author of more than 300 contributions in the areas of computer vision and artificial intelligence
- The Syria Airlift Project: UAVs for Humanitarian Relief
- Integration of UAVs into the National Airspace System